NAMSS (National Association for Managers of Student Services), is a not-for-profit organisation established in 1987 as a registered charity with the Charity Commission and is a key stakeholder for Government department consultations including safeguarding, funding, learner wellbeing etc. NAMSS provides support and professional development for managers and colleagues who work in student services roles in post-16 education and training.
Q. How can I apply for NAMSS membership?
Q. What is the role of NAMSS?
Q. Who do NAMSS support?
Q. What is the role of NAMSS Executives?
“To be recognised nationally as an influential organisation and leading provider of high quality support and professional development for student services teams that improves both our colleagues and learners’ experiences.”
— NAMSS Vision
The Aims & Objectives of NAMSS
- To maximise our contribution for the benefit of members to the government agenda
- To consistently contribute to forums and working groups who have significant national impact
- To maintain and enhance our excellent reputation
- Consistently achieve high levels of member’s satisfaction
- Support the delivery of effective regional networks
- Ensure effective planning, target setting and monitoring of strategic aims
- Celebrate success
- To maintain robust financial processes working within Charity Commission guidelines
- To ensure processes are open and transparent
- To deliver excellent value for money for members
- Utilise technology effectively including web-based, social network and JISC platforms in providing members services
- Develop additional sources of income
- Adopt an enterprising approach to new opportunities